Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Baby in the Bathroom

In our house our guest bathroom is the only bathroom on the first floor and therefore is used quite frequently.  This bathroom is located just inside the laundry room which is right next to the family room.  When Maggie goes to use the toilet Catie is often hot on her heels.  This may come in handy in about a year when we're trying to potty-train Catie, but right now it's just gross.  Catie will hoist herself up to stand at the rim of the toilet while Maggie sits doing her business.  Maggie thinks that Catie is going to fall in by doing this (I think she's doomed for a nasty case of pink-eye) so she starts yelling "Mom!  Trouble in the bathroom!!!!"  Lemme tell ya, it gets old. 

So when Maggie goes to the bathroom we try to close the door to the laundry room so Catie can't come in and get to the bathroom (or the dog food in the laundry room) and cause 'trouble'.  Sooooo... to get to the point.... This morning Maggie went to the bathroom and we closed Catie out.  Then I went to the bathroom and I left the doors open (Catie is also quite fond of climbing the stairs and the kitchen chairs so I will have no privacy for at least another year).  Maggie points out that I forgot to close the door and "Here comes trouble!"  I tell her it's OK because this way I can watch Catie and make sure she's safe, even if she comes in the bathroom.  Maggie says, "Ohhh.... because you have a big butt and she can't fall in the toilet because your big butt is on there.  I have a little butt and she can fall in because there is space between my butt and the toilet.  But your butt is big!"

Yes Maggie, that is exactly what I was thinking.  Thanks. So. Much.

No comments: