Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Update

I have a love/hate relationship with my baby right now.  I love that she is growing and learning new things, but I hate that she's not really a baby anymore at all!  Catie is closing in on her first birthday and things are changing fast.  If she's near furniture her preferred mode of transport is walking (cruising), although she has gotten to be quite a speedy crawler.  She likes to crawl up the stairs all the way to the top and then turn around and walk down them (while holding Mom's hands of course).  She knows how to drink out of straw now as well (and got her first sip of chocolate milk because of that - I really didn't think she could do it).  She knows how to wave 'bye-bye' and does it every time she goes up to bed, without being prompted.  And she knows how to shove her sister out of the way to get what she wants.  Poor Maggie, she never shoves her sister, she knows it would land her in a time-out, but the baby doesn't suffer the same consequences.  Maggie's pretty smart though, when we made a big deal out of the shoving I asked Maggie if we should put Catie in a time-out and she said, "No MOM, Catie is just a BABY!" 

So like I said, love/hate.  She really is amazing, aren't all babies?  And I love to see her little brain working and growing, but WHERE DID MY BABY GO!  The year went so fast, it's weird to think that in just four months she'll be the same age Maggie was when we moved into this house, a toddler!  Wow.

No comments: