Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Handy Helper

Today we took our annual trip to Royal Oak Apple Orchard in Harvard, IL.  We all really look forward to walking the rows of apples, searching for the perfect fruit for Mom's homemade applesauce.  After picking apples, riding the carousel, feeding the goats, eating lunch at the restaurant, and buying apple cider donuts at the shop, we were walking back to the car... and this is when my favorite moment of the day happened.  Maggie looked up at me, my arms laden with sweaters, diaper bag, shopping bag, cups of water from lunch, and she asked, "Mom?  Do you need a little help with that?  That stuff is all heavy, I can carry something."

I seriously almost started crying, it was just so sweet.  They were both so incredibly well behaved the entire time we were at the orchard, sweet and thoughtful, adorable and content.  Her saying that made me see the whole day, and just how pleasant every single moment of it was.   How often can you say that about your day? 

1 comment:

Gmom said...

Wow! She really noticed that? I needed kids like that! Ha! What a great kid/human being. Keep up the good work, Mom.