Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The End.

Today is my last day at my office. I am officially a SAHM after today. Everyone keeps asking me how I feel. Is it weird that I really don't feel anything? I'm not really sad, or particularly happy for that matter. I guess if anything I'm feeling scared. I've had a job since I was 16 years old, and I've never quit a job before without having another one to go to. It's making me very ill at ease... but I'm sure that will pass. And it's not like I don't have work to do, even if it's not a job in the traditional sense. I've got Maggie all to myself now - I get to be teacher, care giver, nurse, and dance instructor all in one. I think that's actually contributing to my fear - like your first day starting a new job, my new job is full-time Mommy. There are things she learns at daycare right now that I wouldn't even have thought to teach her. I'm like the "intern" mommy, new at the mommy company. I have to learn from my superiors and climb the ladder before I'm "President" mommy. Overall, a very strange day for me. Maybe I'll be able to write a more coherent post about it next week, when I have some separation.

No comments: